Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dawn of the maternal affection

It was surely not easy juggling work with personal issues. This morning, Shuting called me that she was having the cramps and her colleague had told her to visit a Gynae. I was feeling real guilty that I could only afford to give her a single short sms after that phone call.

I got home rather late and feeling dog-tired due to an unexpected work related issue.

"How are you?" I was concerned about the pains she was suffering from the cramps.

My wife gently stroked her abdomen and replied, "The Gynae said that we are both fine. I was so worried about our baby."

There it was a picture of a mother gently stroking her little one who was obviously devoid of all the worries the mother had gone through. All those while, it never dawned on me to be worried about our little one and Shuting was all I was worried about. I planted a kiss on her cheek. She wouldn't have known what the kiss was for. It was for my new Love -the mother of our child.

No comments: