Tuesday, March 3, 2009

29 Oct 2009

"Yeah, you are expecting". There was no, 'Congrats, Mr & Mrs Chong. You are going to be proud parents!' from the GP. Nevertheless, by confirming that 1% I forgave him for not sharing that outburst of joy inside me. I gently held onto my wife's arm and my smile naturally stretched.

"What should my wife eat? What can she do/ not do? Does she need more vitamins?" I was going, 'Tell me! Tell me!'. The GP replied me like his answers were from the GP field manual, Chapter 6; What to do when that eager/idiotic just confirmed to be a father asked too far many questions. "She can eat almost everything and she should continue with her daily routine. Just avoid coffee and tea for now."

My wife and I were overjoyed. I saw she had the same smile when I proposed to her. She is going to be a mother and I am going to be a dad.

"She is about 6 weeks into the pregnancy. The expected date of delivery is 29 Oct 2009." Little one must have known that mom and dad got married on 27 Oct. Little one must be intending for Oct to be a great month for us all. I was starting to be so proud of this little one already.

No comments: