"It is a plus sign"I took the 'Clear Blue' kit from my wife who was by then smiling.
"Yeah, it is positive." I held onto the kit, momentarily staring at it. The kit read, (+) pregnant and there it was (+). "Can I keep it?" I really wanted to keep the kit in a special box, which people do when they have precious little things that they want to keep for Life. Till they grow old and pick up the items one by one telling their children or grandchildren about the memories that tagged along with each item.
I wanted to keep that kit and show my little one, "Well, it all started with this 'Clear Blue' that your mum got it from the Guardian pharmacy and your dad was catching some news headlines from the newspaper rack...".
"You sure you want to do that?" I looked up and saw my wife with this real silent happy look. I felt I was having this real silent happy look too. Perhaps, we were not too sure yet. It did say 99% sure but that 1% was probably enough to curb me from shouting from the top of this HDB flat for now.
We sat on the bed. It was planned but like all other plans, when things start to happen it almost looked like it was not planned in the first place.
"What should we do?"
"I don't know, let me call my mum." I did not think Shuting was trying to get some sort of advice. She is a nurse and she pretty well knew what she was supposed to do. I reckon she was more of trying to tell my in-law that she is going to be a mother herself. "She is not answering." I was still holding onto the kit, studying its two simpliest instructions: (+) pregnant, (-) Not pregnant like I had to understand a whole encyclopedia.
"Do you think I should see a Gynae tomorrow to confirm the result?" I nodded, there was after all that 1%. Here I am, spending the last few moments of the night getting 99% excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment