Sunday, June 1, 2008

The one thing I would miss

If I die tomorrow, it shall not be the million stars that greeted me in the Australia outback. If I die tomorrow, it shall not be the sun that baked on me. If I die tomorrow, it shall not be my habits that I would miss.

If I die tomorrow, I shall miss my wife. We were driving home after an uneventful dinner tonight. The radio was playing to the station of FM 93.3 instead of my choices. I usually would want to put on 'Passion' but your honour would judge it simply invalid to the ears/ sanity. Nevertheless, all was cool and compromising as some old songs of my era were played. It probably does pay to listen to thy wife at times, as the old songs allowed us to speak about times then and how 'unfashionable' those songs are now. It somehow sparkled laughter into our space and it allowed me to chill from the stressful working week that I was having.

Such are these moments that I have never regretted marrying her. And these are the little moments that I know the one thing I would miss if I die tomorrow is my wife.

No comments: